Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Julie Adams #TFW 2014

The week before Texas Frightmare, Julie Adams was in town for the USA Film Festival. I could have gotten her there but I was working late and it didn’t pan out. I wasn’t worried as I knew I had another chance.


As I walked around and got other autographs, a few people saw the photo I printed to have Julie sign.  The comments were all how beautiful she looked. Seeing the Creature from the Black Lagoon movies on an old black and white TV on a fuzzy UHF channel, I never noticed how beautiful she was.  As I searched Google for images, I saw what I was missing.

They also commented that she had the ‘old school’ poise that modern Hollywood lost and everyone loved seeing it in her. Everyone reminisced about the good old days.

When I finally walked over to her table, the line was short. I think her handler was her granddaughter. Julie took great care in where she signed and what inscription was needed. She seemed nonplussed with some of the memorabilia she was asked to sign but she signed as they wanted.

When she signed for me (my photo and her book), I asked if she stayed the whole week in Dallas. She said no.  Her handler added that would have worn them out. Even with the stress of extra flights involved, it’s always good to get back home to rest even for a few days.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment