Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Friday, March 20, 2015

Mandy Patinkin Eisemann Center 2/21/15

Everyone loves the movie Princess Bride. My wife dragged me to the movie decades ago. I was kicking and screaming the whole way. I did not want to see a chick flick. After twisting my ear in that oh so special way, I quieted down and politely bought her some popcorn and soda.

We watched the movie. I laughed. I cried (well, just a little) and thoroughly enjoyed it. It’s a movie that will cause both of us to stop down and watch it if we run across it. Yes, I am thankful, the love of my live and mother of my cats dragged me to that movie.

Needless to say, Mandy Patinkin was on my autograph radar.  When I saw he was coming to town for a play, I was excited.

Because of work and the weather, I had not gotten a chance to try for him. While at TicketStock, a fellow hound said he was going to try later that night. We agreed to meet as 2 sets of eyes are better than one.  And I dutiful invited a third hound. Three sets of eyes are better than two.

The temperature was falling fast. As the norm, I did not bring a jacket. I was freezing. Yes, if mom was here, she would be scolding me now and I would feel her whack me on the back of my head.  The play ended and we started scanning the crowd. No luck. We waited and still no Mandy.  We froze and waited some more.  The crowd was dispersed. No one was around.  We still waited and froze.

Finally, I saw a man enter the lobby with a ski cap and hunched over. I knew that was him.

I let my friends know that I thought I saw him.  They moved faster than me and met him at the door as he exited. He signed for all three of us.  It was cold and all of us wanted out of it.

AH

 

No comments:

Post a Comment