Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Randy Johnson TicketStock 2015

The only reason I went to TicketStock was Randy Johnson.

What? You don’t know what TicketStock is?

Well, it’s a chance for the local sports radio station (1310 AM) to throw a party and show off some of its sponsors. They also bring in some sports players and fans can get some autographs for free. This year, they brought in Randy Johnson. I got in line about 11AM to see if I was one of the lucky ones.

Since there are more people in line than autographs to be given, they do a random drawing. It’s not just the first ‘x’ amount of people in line. While the process may be confusing, after an hours or so, I was given my lottery ticket (wrist band with a number on it). Then I waited about an hour or so found out I was one of the lucky ones. Then I waited another hour or so and the signing to begin.

Once the sign began, it went fairly fast. No personalization and no inscriptions. But it was free. I think Randy charges $200 for his autograph. I’m very happy with what I got.

He signed. I chatted with some fellow hounds and left. It was a long day on concrete.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment