Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Monday, October 24, 2016

Jason Lee PolaCon 2016


PolaCon – yes, I must admit I had no clue what this was. I still had no clue after I looked it up. After sitting through a panel, I learned a little more.  Just like autograph collecting is a niche that few partake, the Instant Film Society is a niche too. PolaCon is short for Polaroid and the convention centers around Instant cameras and film.  

Jason Lee is into this niche.  He attended this convention.  He has a book of his photos.  


We drove to Denton, TX to find Jason Lee. I rarely venture into this neck of the woods.  We spent some time hanging out in used books and record shops and had a late lunch. Then we headed over to the building where the panel was scheduled. Just as we were walking up, we spotted Jason Lee walking to his car with a friend. I will admit he seemed cautious as we approached. Not unfriendly but befuddled that fans would have found him ‘here’, at PolaCon.   

Once he determined we weren’t crazy stalkers, just the autograph type of stalkers, he warmed. He signed and chatted. He posed for a few photos. 

Even though we got what we wanted, we stayed for the panel. Like I said, it’s not for everyone. However, I have spent a lot of time talking to people about this hobby so they did make an impression on me.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment