Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Richard Marx – Majestic 10/2017


Okay, I’m going whine here. It’s not about Richard Marx who was very nice and he signed for me.

This is about me.

I don’t do musicians. Not because I don’t like them. It’s because I drew a line in the sand. I collect authors, actors, and baseball players.  If a musician crosses the line and does TV or film, I’ll try to get their autograph. That is NOT saying I would pass on Paul McCartney or Peter Gabriel. I just don’t go into the wilds to hunt musicians.

Rick Springfield and Richard Marx were coming to town. I like 80’s music. Rick had a very big hit in the 80’s.He was also on General Hospital (which The Wife enjoyed) and he was in Californication (which I enjoyed).  Add to that, Richard Marx is a big name AND he is married to Daisy Fuentes, who I adorned on MTV (back when they had music), and who at times accompanies Richard on tour. This pulled me out of my comfort zone.

As the fates conspire, I got the Majestic Theater not long AFTER Rick Springfield showed up and signed.  

The Richard Marx showed, sans Dairy.

Richard signed.

I debated about staying until after the show to wait for Rick. But it was a school night. Lately, I need all of the sleep I can get. So I took my Marx autograph and had dinner with some of my fellow hounds.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment