Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Monday, April 16, 2018

Bill Murray and the Heisman


Did you know that Bill Murray is in a band? Did you know he is touring? Yes, THAT Bill Murray: Caddy Shack, Stripes, Ghostbusters and one of my favs, Razor’s Edge.

When he was listed to appear in Dallas, a buzz was created.  I semi-seriously thought about taking down my Zombieland poster and getting him to sign it. What, I haven’t talked about my Zombieland poster? Really?  Huh. Not sure what happened there.  Well, it was back in 2008…

“What are you doing”, a voice behind asks. It’s The Wife.

“Ummm, just writing about Bill Murray….”, my voice fades as I try to figure out what I did wrong.

“Then why are you talking about Zombieland?

“He was in it,” said with assurance that I was in the right.

“You are burying the lead. Stick to the point. Get back to Bill and the autograph.”

Dejectedly I mumble an ‘okay...’

Bill was in town. He performed. 


Pop quiz: What is wrong with this photo?  Don’t worry. It’s a trick question. Nothing is wrong with the photo; other than no Bill Murray autograph.

Yes, we got the Heisman from Bill. Too obscure of a reference?  The pose on the Heisman trophy is a player using the ‘stiff arm’ to keep opposing players away.   We were rejected in our ‘graphing attempts.

‘Rejected’ might be too harsh of a term but we didn’t get any autographs.

I got to the venue about 2 hours before the concert started. About 5 minutes before the concert was scheduled to start, a SUV rolls up and Bill gets out.  He walked into the building.

It was cold and very windy. The sun was setting and it felt much colder than it was.  After hanging out for 2 hours For Bill’s arrival, a small group of us went to eat.  We came back and waited some more. Did I say it was cold and windy?

We waiting until the concert was over. We waited another 90 minutes. Then Bill came out. He came over to us. He held out his hand. However, it was NOT to accept a Sharpie but to shake our hands.

After eh shook the hands of the 9 of us, with a smile he said we needed to get some gloves because we had a lot of very cold hands.  He got in the vehicle. We waited a few minutes to make sure he wasn’t going to change his mind.  Then we dispersed.

AH

 

No comments:

Post a Comment