Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Thursday, November 30, 2023

Garrett Dillahunt Dallas Fan Festival 2023

I mentioned this before, but I missed the 2022 DragonCon because of the airline. I was buckled into my seat and ready to take off to Atlanta. The plane sat about 20 minutes at the gate. Then it pushed back from the gate and sat for another 10 or 15 minutes. That is when we heard an announcement that the plane was returning to the gate. Not because of a mechanical problem but because the flight crew had ‘timed out’.

The next flight to Atlanta would get me in Saturday night. That meant, I was doing Sunday only.  My trip was no longer feasible.

Garrett Dillahunt was scheduled that year…along with a bunch of other Walking Dead/Fear the Dead actors.

The positive spin is Garret was scheduled to appear in Dallas. When he arrived, he walked out to the line of people and greeted everyone and shook the hands of the 30 people waiting for him.

After waiting a LONNG time in Alyssa Milano’s line, I was able to walk right up to the table for Garrett. I actually think he was going to take a break but he stayed when I approached.

I had printed two photos from DragonCon. I really didn’t know which one I wanted to get signed. It was going to be a game-time decision. After I paid, I handed over the one with the dart board behind him. Garrett signed and then he commented on my UofA shirt. His dad went there and to prove he had some cred (which he did NOT need to do), he mentioned visiting the campus and Old Main. That’s a pretty good reference.


We chatted. He was warm and gracious. Very relaxed. I mentioned Sarah Conner and Burn Notice. He said it was great to work on those shows. I forget to mention Dead Wood and how he played 2 different characters.

He saw I had another photo in my hand. He wanted to see it. I handed it over and mentioned I only paid for one autograph. I was not trying to get something for free. He nodded and turned to his handler.  He said this was his.  Then he asked if I liked red. After I nodded back, he signed. That was unexpected and another classy thing about him.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment