Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Orlando Bloom Super Hero ComicCon San Antonio 2024

Apparently, Orlando Bloom wasn’t feeling well at this convention. He took a few breaks while signing. While I was anxious to get my dopamine fix with another autograph, I understand. I really do.

Orlando looked good and as he signed; he spent a few seconds with each fan. I liked how he used the whole photo to sign and add the character name.

As I was waiting for the signature to try, I noticed all of the women milling about his booth and trying to sneak a peek through the privacy curtain. I noticed many of them were wearing more makeup than normal for a ComicCon. This was not the normal ‘I’m going to Walmart’ makeup. This was ‘I’m going to Nordstrom’s’ makeup.

That reminded me of a comic strip I used to read in the newspaper: Fox Trot. The little brother was a nerd. As the excitement built for the new Lord of the Rings movie, he exclaimed how Orlando Bloom ruined everything! Because all the teenage girls were filling up the movie theater and not his fellow geeks.  It’s a good comic and the Bill Amend published that run of strips as a book. Go read it. You’ll laugh.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment