Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Monday, August 31, 2026

Dennis Haysbert hail to the chief - Rebel Scum Con 2026

I had to go back to Rebel Scum Con on Saturday for one last autograph: Dennis Haysbert. This was the first convention I was aware of him attending and it was in my backyard, so I HAD to get President Palmer from the series 24.

He had a long line but I wasn’t concerned. I had all day. Even though it was long, the line was moving. To help past the time, the fans had lots of interesting items for him to sign. One had a foot tall coffin with Jubo in it. Another fan had a bucket of KFC. I was more mundane and just had an 8x10.

When I stepped up, I said, Hello President Palmer. I got a very small smile. I’m sure he got that a thousand times. Then I added, I always think of 24 when I see your name. It’s true. I do. Now you ask yourself, why did I get a photo from Major League signed? Because, I might think David Palmer but Major League is more iconic to me. I watch Major League at least once a year. I haven’t watched 24 since it ended many many years ago.

Dennis was nice. He added the quote: Hats for bats, which is a line The Wife and I toss about more times than I care to admit. And it’s perfect for the photo.

Then I left and enjoyed the rest of my Saturday.

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment