Autograph Hound's Blah Blah Blog

Monday, August 19, 2024

Rebel Scum Con – Allen, Texas 2024

Rebel Scum was a small convention in Allen. This was a first-time convention. Most people realized that, but it still got a lot of criticism. I agree they could have done things better but this was a first time. I’m sure if they do an honest review of the good, the bad, and the ugly, next year will be smoother and get a better response from the public.

The small convention had a very long guest list. Even though the list was long, the guests were mostly actors that no one knew. They are actors that sent time behind the make up and prosthetics. Many played multiple minor character roles in the Star Wars Universe. On top of that, a few actors have been though the DFW area over the years, so that limited the need of some collectors to attend.

As discussed previously, I do have an issue when collecting autographs. I have a hard time saying now.  From the long guest list, I found 4 people I wanted autographs.


I think everyone knows Carey Jones for one reason or another. I originally thought I would get a photo signed from Predators but I did like the photo from The Book of Bobba Fett. He was nice and we chatted a few minutes.

Michonne Bouriague sat toward the back of the autograph room. She was also sweet. We chatted in general and both agreed, the next year for this show would be better. It seemed she actually understood, this might be a slow weekend for her.

Marti Matluis will be in an upcoming series for Disney. I have liked most of that I have watched. Looking forward to the new one. We talked about Star Wars celebration and the chances of him attending.

The last one was Grant Feely who w
as in Obi Wan. He played a small part. The young man was friendly. He took his time and verified I like the location and color of the signature. I tried not to laugh. I wish all actors did that.  I shared a dad joke with him. He didn’t get it but his mom laughed. It might be the way I tell it.

After I was done with my autographs, I found my co-worker that was walking the expo floor.  We hung out together for a while. As we looked at the vendor booths, I was trying to talk him into attending other conventions in the near future.  There are so many in the DFW area. Maybe I’ll have a new ComicCon buddy to go to shows with.


AH

No comments:

Post a Comment